Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had such a fun filled Halloween! Hope you did too!

Money is a little tight this year (isn't it every year?) so I asked the boys to come up with their own costumes. They have a trunk of dress up clothes in their room...fire fighter, spiderman, cowboy, jedi....seriously, they have to many to name.

Zander came downstairs, wearing head to toe black with a black sheet tied around his neck as a cape. "Ohhh. What are you?" I asked him.








"I am The Dark of the Night," he informed me. I have no idea where he got this from, but I think it's pretty creative for a 5 year old!





For the past month Gavin has been telling me he wanted to be a bird. A bird?! I was really hoping I could persuade him to be a pirate or something he already had, but he wouldn't budge. I was up for the challenge. Here's what I came up with. I bought felt, cut them into "feathers" and hot glued them together for his wings. If I was to do this again I would use a lighter fabric. The felt was so heavy pined on the back of his shirt that it choked the poor little guy!



I bought an eye mask and a bag of feathers for the mask...the beak was made out of foam. To complete the costume he had feather boas and rubber glove feet! the total cost of the costume was under $15!


This was Gavin's first year trick or treating. Last year he was sick and the year before he was just a baby. When it was dusk I said, "Let's go trick or treating!" He ran outside and hopped in the van. I told him to get out and he started to cry, saying he wanted to "go to trick or treat" HA! The first house we went to he tried to go inside! It took about 10 houses before he caught on to trick or treat etiquette....No grabbing candy, no demanding candy, saying thank you.
The twins were Thing 1 & Thing 2 and I was the Cat in the Hat! We went to Boo Ha Ha on Brookside for trick or treating. The girls got more attention then normal....they were huge a hit!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Happy Halloween! All of the costumes were so cute! Loved them!

Tasha said...

Pretty darn sure I saw Thing 1 and Thing 2 at BooHaHa when I was passing out candy in the parade wtih tTownmoms.com. I ooo'ed and awww'd maybe too long, since I had to run to catch up with the truck. That part wasn't so pretty, but your little ones sure were.