Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
By the way, the pediatrician suggested I put butter on the girls veggies to fatten them up! BUTTER!? It just seems wrong. I'm going to have to research that advice before I try it.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
My baby turned 3 today! Wow. He's growing so fast. Now if I could only get him potty trained! In all fairness to him I haven't made the time to teach him. I've been a little preoccupied with the twins. Honestly, who has time to sit in the bathroom and read for an hour with two babies crawling around?! I've embraced the saying, "He'll go when he's ready." But no more...it's time...buying diapers for three is EXPENSIVE! (not to mention it's just gross changing a 3 year old's diaper!)
Zander has been sick this week. Poor little guy has croup. Rebekkah (my sister) took Gavin for a couple of days hoping he wouldn't get it. Hopefully our plan worked.
Because Zander was sick we had to cancel Gavin's birthday party. At this age he didn't even notice. We just made a train birthday cake...it turned out REALLY CUTE and was SUPER EASY! Not to mention the boys had a blast helping. If you click on this link you can see what it was suppose to look like. And this was a picture of mine. http://www.parenting.com/recipes-article/Recipes/Birthday_Parties/How-to-make-a-train-cake
Thanks "or so she says" for the cake idea...it was a BIG HIT!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
From day one she has had an adventurer spirit. She's always been smaller then her identical twin sister...but you can't tell her that! She has hit every "milestone" first. Sitting up, crawling, pulling up...and the latest, standing unassisted. She is only 9 months old but is passing from the coffee table to couch like a pro.
Camille is super picky already! Unlike her sister, who will eat anything on a spoon, Camille has a flair for the dramatics and will gag, refuse to open her mouth, or spit food all over you if she doesn't want to eat it. It can be quite frustrating, but she knows what she wants...and usually gets it!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Anyone who has been to my house knows it's loud! You can imagine with four little ones. But the past few days the decibels have raised! Maya has discovered that high pitched scream...and uses it often. When she happy and playing she's screaming. In fact, her brothers think it's funny and egg her on. When she's in the highchair, between bites, she's screeching. But she gets to the highest pitch squeal when she's mad and wants me to be there...pronto. It's 7:30 AM and I've about had my days fill. I don't remember my boys doing this. Is it a girl thing? What ever it is, I've got to figure out how to stop it...or invest in some earplugs.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
- What is something mom always says to you? "Don't hurt your brother"
- What makes mom happy? "Not doing bad things"
- What makes mom sad? "Daddy yelling"
- How does your mom make you laugh? "Doing funny stuff"
- What was your mom like as a child? "I don't remember..."
- How old is your mom? "40? 30?"
- How tall is your mom? "Like a million or 100"
- What is your mom's favorite thing to do? "Clean the house."
- What does your mom do when you're not around? "You miss me!"
- If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? With a confused look he said, "I don't know."
- What is your mom really good at? "Cleaning the house. You always make it clean."
- What is your mom not very good at? "Feeding my fish"
- What does your mom do for a job? "Clean the house"
- What is your mom's favorite food? "Everything...like spicy food."
- What makes you proud of your mom? "Like going somewhere special or my birthday."
- If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "Nina (on Imagination Movers). But that's not really a cartoon...I don't know any girl cartoons."
- What do you and your mom do together? "Clean the house. Sometimes we go outside together."
- How are you and your mom the same? We're both skinny. (have I mentioned how much I love my son? lol)
- How are you and your mom different? "You have a lot of nipples on you, and I have only one." HUH? I asked him what he was talking about. "You have little brown nipples all over...like your arms...(he points to my freckles)...and I only have one (points to his freckle on his ankle)...see? We're different."
- How do you know your mom loves you? "Because I love you."
- What does your mom like most about your dad? "He works for money."
- Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "Like...out to eat...or to the mall."
Priceless. In his eyes I sure clean a lot...why is my house such a mess then?