Saturday, November 20, 2010

Zoo Trip

We enjoyed a beautiful day at the Tulsa Zoo today. 


It's been a long time since we've ALL enjoyed the day together.

Gavin's favorite subject was "penis" today.  Don't really understand his fascination with the word or the actual member itself.....but whatever, he's four.  And he's a boy.  I suppose it comes with the territory?


We were looking at the elephants when Sneezy (the male elephant) used the bathroom.  Gavin blurted out in a crowd of people "WOW!  Look at the size of that penis!" 

"Gavin, SHHHHHHH!!!"  I begged.

"That's the biggest penis I've ever seen!!  Holy Moly!!"  he continued to yell.  The crowd of on lookers cracked up.....which, of course, egged Gavin on. 

Ely and I were laughing so hard our stomachs ached.  Great parenting, I know.....but have you ever seen a male elephant pee?!  In my son's defense, it is a sight.  It's like a 5th leg. 


Gotta copy big brothers! 



At the petting zoo Gavin  brought up his favorite topic again.  He was bragging to a group of adults about all the animals he's seen that day.  "I saw a cow....and guess what?!  He had FIVE penises!"  The ladies mouth dropped and the men rolled with laughter. 

I was mortified at the time, had no idea what he was talking about until the stranger corrected him between his hiccups of laughter, "You mean utters, son?" 

"Whatever,"  Gavin said.  "They look like penises"

.  Oh geez.  Please let this be a phase.

1 comment:

Martha said...

OH MY GOODNESS! They are all getting so big!