Monday, December 6, 2010

Sun vs. Son

My husband and I are raising our children without a "religion".  We believe they are to young to understand and don't want to condition their little minds.  Our goal is to let them decide for themself when they reach an age of maturity.  Instead we focus on teaching them love, compassion, and discipline.  With that said, Zander is the only 6 year old I know that can point out a picture of Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna....and tell you about all three.  I'm not saying this to boast or condemn anyone or their personal beliefs....just giving you a little background inside our family for this very funny story.....




My conversation with Zander (age 6) as we were cleaning my room.

Zander:  Mom, next Thanksgiving I'm going to be thankful for Jesus.

Me:  Great.  Why do you say that? 

Zander:  I love playing outside.

Me:  Huh?  I don't understand.

Zander:  I love playing outside.  Jesus is the god of the sun you know.

No comments: