Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update

Maya, Camille, and Hannah (my sister's baby)


Wow. I haven't blogged in a while. Update time.

We're not moving!! Yeah! I totally freaked out when we started putting the plans together. Now don't get me wrong, I love Nashville, but my children are so young right now that the thought of not having the support of family close by scares me to death. Just this week, I had to go to the doctor and thankfully I had someone to watch my children. (Thanks Memaw & LeLe!)



This week I have been having issues nursing and have been trying to supplement with formula...yeah, my girls aren't having anything to do with a bottle. Their doctor suggested that I skip the bottle and go straight to a cup or sippy cup. They can drink out of a glass (with help)...I worry they aren't getting enough. Right now I only have enough milk for two feedings each day for each twin. I am pumping to try to bring back my milk supply. On top of all that, the girls have an ear infection. Poor babies.


I hate to quit nursing. I enjoy it so much and the girls aren't ready to wean. It has been very uncomfortable nursing (screaming pain!). I know they're latched on correctly. A friend of mine suggested that it may be yeast. Could be, the twins and I are all on antibiotics. I'm going to the doctor again on Tuesday. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it, because I don't know how much longer I can handle this.

1 comment:

Darla said...

I am glad to hear you are sticking around! I hope you get your nursing issues figured out! I would hate to quit after making it this far! My boys aren't ready to wean either and I would hate to be forced to.