Monday, August 10, 2009

Competition




Ok, fellow Mother's, it's officially started...sibling rivalry, competition, whatever you want to call it. And let me tell you, it's not pretty.




Last week, at our TMOM's meeting (Tulsa Mother's of Multiples) we had a panel of older school age twins. We could ask them questions. The subject of competition came up. After listening to them I started to watch my girls. It's crazy. One will come up and give me a big sweet hug and kiss, then the other will "get jealous" come over and push the other out of the way to get to me. Not only are the competing for my affection, but the opposite as well.




For instance, today, Maya was standing on the fireplace....a no-no in our house....I tell her to sit down, she looks at me, sasses me in her baby talk and I physically remove her from the fireplace. So what does Camille do? Goes to the fireplace, stands up, and yells at me...as if to dare me to remove her.




It's like this all day long....and according to the older twins on the panel, not going to end anytime soon. sigh.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Oh yes! This is in full swing at our house as well. Everything from certain toys, even if there are two of them, to nursing and throwing food on the floor! I can only imagine what it will be like in another 10 years!

Martha said...

Lord help us all