Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

maya & camille...can you tell which is which??


What a great day! We went to my Aunt Peggy 's for lunch and then to my sister's for dinner. I ate entirely to much today:)

Last night the boys spent the night with my dad and Jacque watched the twins, Ely and I went out celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary. We had such a great time. We ate at the Garlic Rose on Brookside. It was incredible. The ambiance was romantic, great service. We ordered a bottle of wine and ate until our hearts desire....food was spectacular...can't wait until we can go back.

It was so nice to be "kid free" for an evening. Ely and I don't get to go out alone together very often. Funny how our conversation kept shifting toward our children...they are the ONLY thing going on in my life right now. I love them but...

I think I'm going to join a "non kid related" club. Maybe a book club or something. I realize that I am a mother first and forth most but don't want to lose myself in my kids. I don't want my kids to define me...I think that is unhealthy. If only I can find a balance to be a good mother, a wife and true to myself all in one....We'll see...I'm turning 30 next month...maybe I'll be a little wiser and figure this life out.

No comments: