Thursday, November 13, 2008

Letting off steam


I've been having an internal battle lately & decided to write about it. By nature I'm kind of a control freak. With one or two kids it's tough...but you can schedule and get in a routine and get by just fine. But with FOUR young children I'm realizing exactly how disfunctional I can be. I have all these expectations about how my life should be. I expect my children to behave, my babies to be content, and my home to run smooth....not so.
Zander has always been my "model child." Doing what he's told and exceeding all expectations. Lately he has been testing boundaries...I know it's natural and essential for his development...it's just bad timing for me! I'm dealing with babies all day and and trying to teach Gavin how to behave, I expect him to act a lot older than he really is.

I've just got a lot on my plate right now and when I can't do everything it stresses me out. Who can? I know I need to cut myself some slack. I really didn't resolve anything...just letting off steam. Tomorrow's another day.

No comments: