Sunday, May 31, 2009

Date Night



It takes a LOT of work to keep the romance going having 4 young children. After a day of diaper duty, potty training, and answering "why? why? but why?" 50 jillion times the last thing I want to do is spend "quality time" with my man. Don't get me wrong, my bearded man is a total stud, but this mama can only be spread so thin.

We are so fortunate that we have family that will watch our children for FREE. We put the twins down for bed about 6:30...yeah, it's early but it works for us...I NEED my evenings free from babies. I'm ok with waking up at 6AM. After the girls go down we head out for a night on the town.

Thursday evening we went to see Speed the Plow at the Tulsa PAC, Liddy Doenges Theatre.

It was a FANTASTIC show with amazing performances. And the cool thing? Tickets were only $15! AND since it was at the Liddy Doenges Theatre...think Off Off Broadway....you can bring drinks into the theatre. I get to go to the theatre and watch a very clever, funny play and my hubby gets to have a beer. Everybody's happy.


If you get a chance, go check it out. I think today is the last showing, but keep a look out for upcoming shows by the Odeum Theatre Company...you won't be disappointed!


The point is MAKE TIME for each other...because there isn't any.

1 comment:

Mariel said...

Cool! I'm glad you two get away with each other. I love that we have family too that will watch the kids...it helps so much! We love golfing together...or just doing whatever. Makes me happy!