Saturday, May 23, 2009

Popsicles for breakfast!


Its official...I am the coolest mom EVER. I served my kids popsicles for breakfast. The look on the boys faces when they sat up at the breakfast bar asking me to fix them some oatmeal and I said "No, how about popsicles?" Priceless.

No one freak out on me...anyone who knows me knows that my kids rarely eat sugary snacks...that's all I need, a kid hyped up on sugar. The night before I made some yummy healthy frozen snacks. Here's what I did:

Banana Butter Pops

In a food processor 3 bananas, a heaping spoon full of organic peanut butter, and about 3/4 cup of vanilla soy milk....blend and pour into popsicle trays, then freeze! Easy-schmeezy.

I adopted the recipe from a really cool website http://weelicious.com/ .....it's full of fast, fresh, kid-friendly recipes. I just used what I had in my kitchen...dee-lish!

No comments: