Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I know a lot about Buddha"


Today Zander wore his airwalk shirt w/ a skateboarding Buddha on the back. The first thing he said when he got in the van after school was, "I showed my teacher my Buddha shirt Momma." "That's cool...did she like it?" I asked. "Yeah, she said it was cool. I told her I knew a lot about Buddha. I told her my dad knows a lot about Buddha and we use to go to the temple every week."


"Really? What did she say?" I asked.

"She asked me if I knew about Jesus. I told her no."

Wow...no telling what his teacher thinks. Guess I need to expand his horizons, especially if we continue living in the bible belt. Just for the record we have had many conversations with him about Jesus, Buddha and God. Our family is spiritual, just not very religious.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it. :) Spiritual is where it's at.